Thursday, December 4, 2014

Moving through the Ps

Today I began the discards on PN 1998.2 R34 1992 vol. 1-2 and ended at PE 1689 I3 1983 vol. 1-3.

I had to skip over many of our multivolume literary criticism sets in order to make a cart of singles... the next few weeks will just be truck loads of volumes from these series... A truck load of Poetry Criticism, Contemporary Literary Criticism, Contemporary Authors, Nineteenth Century literature Criticism, Literature Criticism from 1400 to 1800...

I didn't feel as nostalgic and emotional today as I have in past weeks, although these huge sets mentioned above, often in their brown covers, are such a staple title in what I conceive of this Reference Collection... those rows of ranges totally blocked full with these sets... the new crisp ones that would come every so often... compared to the first few volumes in the series, which have loose binding and fraying corners.

This week we're getting rid of a dictionary and other literature reference works, nothing too sharp to jab, and some film and performing arts directories and lists, all of which has probably been superseded and we're keeping seminal works in the topic, with updates.





Two weeks ago, starting on the Ps (literature) was very emotional for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment