Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Prague Summer Seminar: An Introduction

During the last two weeks of May, 2016 I participated in the Prague Summer Seminar through UNC Chapel Hill and Charles University. It fulfilled 3 hours of course credit for the MLIS I am completing through SJSU, and was an amazing experience. The others on the trip were library school students from all over the US and one from Canada. Additionally, I got to meet a handful of students from my program, which was refreshing because it's an online program and I don't get many opportunities to meet my classmates in person.

We toured all type of libraries, from royal family libraries to monastery libraries to national libraries to public libraries, and often received VIP access. Our Czech hosts were incredibly gracious, welcoming, and hospitable. I had an experience that I will always cherish, and the Czech Republic and its librarians hold a special place in my heart.

In the following days, I will make several posts chronicling each day's activities and noteworthy things I learned.

Stowaway cupboard at the Archiepiscopal Chateau Library in Kroměříž

The Archiepiscopal Chateau Library in Kroměříž

The Vltava River with the Prague Castle on the hill

The National Theater in Prague with full moon

No comments:

Post a Comment