Monday, May 11, 2015

Discards HQ1180 W66 1989 - HG4057 A4324 1995

This week I put Women's Studies Index (14 volumes) and the American Public Opinion Index (22 volumes) on my discard cart, as they were large sets leftover from my work in these areas from the past couple weeks (too big to fit on my cart those weeks).

Then I moved on to business reference books. Which made me think, "Penny Penny Penny!" Because Penny's nimble business librarian fingers had been all over these.

To be clear I have no emotional attachments to any of these stocks and bonds historical numbers ;-) I am not sure exactly what database these are in (perhaps even freely available on the web... wonder how far back a freely available archive would go) but if I am confident that if there is any dataset not necessitating print, it's this one!





As for the funny, outdated cover of this week's batch, here you go. While I admire the colorful cover and nice outer glow block style lettering, there is something eternally hilarious about print reference books instructing on computers/the internet from the late 90s/early aughts. Well it does have a section on E-Trade (the company) so it can't be too out of date :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment