Monday, May 4, 2015

Discards JF11 B53 V. 1-20 thru HG4930 M8

I knew there was a reason I couldn't fall asleep last night, too excited about the week to come.

Today we get rid of all 20 binders of Constitutions of the Countries of the World! Today is the best day of my life!



Man oh man, do these hail the high life of loose leaf filings. Indeed I used to brag about the war wounds these binders inflicted on me to the student assistants as I passed the loose leaf filings torch -- a prong punctured my palm one time, and I was proud to slap a bandaid on that bad boy.



If memory serves, this was one of the more obnoxious, but not difficult, loose leaf filings because if only one country got a new constitution, you had to replace the table of contents in all 20 volumes, and the binder mechanism for these was a particular pain in the ass (the three prongs would be consumed by an encompassing clip that was very difficult to latch and unlatch with the binder prongs consumed correctly). I remember after a particularly productive constitution producing period, there would be a couple of these stacked up, and at that point you had to remind yourself to only put in the most recent ToC in the front of the 20 binders!



Another stalwart loose leaf was the good old Morningstar binder, which was one of the easier ones from all sides. The method of filing was easy once you learned the rules, and the mechanism for the binder was easy to navigate as well.





Well, good bye old loose leaf buddies! I would say I will miss you, but I won't. Not a bit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment